Secondary education is informally regarded as the education student obtain during their teenage years, Australia’s average ages of entrance and exit for secondary school is similar with those systems in Asian countries. Below is the information about secondary education’s entrance age requirement:
- Year 7: 12 to 13-year-olds (ACT, NSW, NT, TAS, VIC, QLD, WA)
- Year 8: 13 to 14-year-olds (High School starts at Year 8 for SA)
- Year 9: 14 to 15-year-olds
- Year 10: 15 to 16-year-olds
- Year 11: 16 to 17-year-olds (NSW, NT, VIC, WA)
- Year 12: 17 to 18-year-olds (NSW, NT, VIC, WA)
Secondary education is very crucial stage for a student studying process because serves as a pathway for higher education. As one of the leading countries in education industry, Australia had been successful implemented learning system and study programs for secondary schools which develop students’ job skills and ability to function productively as a member of society. Therefore, Australia’s secondary education has become more and more popular to international students, especially Asian students who seeks for better studying environment.